Friends of Sandroyd
Who are The Friends of Sandroyd?
A Committee who organise social events throughout the year for the benefit of Sandroyd children and families. The Friends provide a ‘parent to parent’ contact within your year group and can help answer any day to day questions you may have about school life. The Friends also help raise funds for charity: funds raised at Friends’ events go towards the school’s chosen charities as well as specific projects within the school.
Who is involved?
The Committee is represented by a parent from each year group. Committee members 2018-2019 include:
- Chair – Carol Blatchford
- Treasurer – Katie Tucker
- Year 8 – Vanessa Jones & Katie Tucker
- Year 7 – Rosie Thomasin-Foster
- Year 6 – Carol Blatchford
- Year 5 – Winkie Lacy-Smith
- Year 4 – Katie Bullen
- Year 3 – Harriet Egerton
- The Walled Garden – Sarah Wilkinson
- School Rep – Alice Speers
Friends' Events to look out for
Smaller gatherings of coffee mornings and lunches enable parents, new and old, to get together socially.
Larger events include:
- September – Parents’ Lunch & Rounders: a fun rounders match with a picnic lunch giving new parents a chance to meet others and current parents to catch up after the holidays.
- October – The Year 8 Rock & Roll Evening: a fantastic social for Year 8 in conjunction with pupils from other local Prep schools.
- November – The Bi-annual Christmas Fair: held in the theatre, a wonderfully festive event with popular and varied stalls.
- March – Parents’ Quiz Night: a fun & relaxed BYO evening in the school dining room where pre-arranged teams attempt to tackle Mr Cartwright’s eclectic mix of questions.
- May – The Summer Fete: a real highlight with games hosted by the Leavers including inflatable obstacle courses, crazy golf, splat the rat, plants, books, pony rides and of course dog agility.
How can I be involved?
If you have ideas about how we could fundraise or would like to get involved with any of the events, please do get in touch via the school office.
The Friends really value the support of the Sandroyd staff and parents whose time, effort and donations have helped raise funds for good causes including: Tusk Trust, Whizz Kids, RNLI, Trussel Trust, Naomi House.