Friends of Sandroyd
The Friends of Sandroyd Committee brings together parents and school staff to support the organisation of social and fundraising events throughout the year. Funds raised from these events go towards the school’s chosen charities as well as specific projects within the school.
Committee Members 2021-2022
- Year 8 Winkie Lacy-Smith
- Year 7 Katie Bullen
- Year 7 Belinda Cumming
- Year 6 Harriet Egerton (Chair)
- Year 5 Sarah Wilkinson
- Year 4 Helen Baker
- Year 3
- School Alice Speers
The Friends of Sandroyd Annual Events
Some popular events organised by The Friends throughout the year include:
- September – Parents’ Coffee Morning: a chance for new parents to meet others and current parents to catch up after the holidays.
- November – The Christmas Fair: held in the Harris Hall, a wonderfully festive event with popular and varied stalls.
- March – Parents’ Quiz Night: a fun & relaxed BYO evening in the school dining room where pre-arranged teams attempt to tackle Mr Cartwright’s eclectic mix of questions.
- May – The Summer Fête: a real highlight with games hosted by the Year 8’s including inflatable obstacle courses, crazy golf, splat the rat, plants, books, pony rides and the highly competitive dog agility.
- May – A Summer Social for parents: early evening drinks and nibbles at the Pavilion following an afternoon of matches on a Wednesday.
How can I be involved?
If you have ideas about how we could fundraise or would like to get involved with any of the events, please do get in touch via Alice Speers.
The Friends really value the support of the Sandroyd staff and parents whose time, effort and donations have helped raise funds for good causes including: Tusk Trust, Whizz Kids, RNLI, Trussel Trust, Naomi House.
The Sandpipers Cricket Team
The Sandpipers cricket team is made up of Sandroyd parents and staff, past and present, who meet for informal fixtures on a Tuesday evening throughout the summer term. We would love to hear from any parents who would be interested in joining for a fun game of cricket and a chance to socialise. Other halves most welcome too!
Please get in touch with Tom Blomfield