If you would like to take your initial interest further, the following steps complete the application process:
- Register your child. Parents are encouraged to complete a Registration Form and return it to the Registrar, together with the Registration Fee, as soon as possible. Whilst Registration doesn’t guarantee your child a place at Sandroyd, it does gain them a place on our admissions list. When spaces are limited, preference is given to those families who have registered earliest. As a small and popular school we do encourage early Registration.
- Taster Day . All registered children are invited to a Taster Day or Taster Boarding session. This Taster Day allows your son/daughter to experience school life and boarding on a normal school day.
- Assessment Morning. All registered children will be invited to an assessment morning the year before they are due to start. This is to ensure that we are the right school for their individual needs. It is an informal assessment that enables us to gain a snapshot of their ability in the classroom.
- Receive a formal offer of a place. An offer of a place will be made shortly after the assessment morning. At this stage, we then ask parents to secure the offered place by paying a deposit.
- New Children's Day. All new children are invited to our New Pupils’ Day, which is held in June each year. This is a wonderful day where new children join their peer group for a 'normal' school day with their parents welcome back to join the afternoon tea.
If you have any queries about admissions at Sandroyd or you would like to arrange a visit, please contact Mrs Dinah Rawlinson, Admissions Registrar on 01725 530124 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.