We understand just how important it is that you really get to know a school before you consider, or choose it, for your family.
What is the process of joining Sandroyd?
- Visit the school. Contact our Registrar, Mrs Dinah Rawlinson, to arrange a day that suits your family.
- Register your child. Parents are encouraged to complete a Registration Form and return it to the Registrar, together with the Registration Fee, as soon as possible. Whilst Registration doesn’t guarantee your child a place at Sandroyd, it does gain them a place on our admissions list. When spaces are limited, preference is given to those families who have registered earliest. As a small and popular school we do encourage early Registration.
- Get to know the School. All Registered children are invited to a Taster Day or Taster Boarding session.
- Take part in an assessment. We do assess all children before they start at Sandroyd. This is to ensure that we are the right school for their individual needs. It is an informal assessment that enables us to gain a snapshot of their ability in the classroom.
- Receive a formal offer of a place. An offer of a place will be made shortly after the assessment morning. At this stage, we then ask parents to secure the offered place by paying a deposit.
- Enjoy getting to know Sandroyd! All new families are invited to our New Pupils’ Day, which is held in June each year. It’s a wonderful day where new pupils and their families have the chance to meet each other, along with current staff and pupils.
Sandroyd is a Boarding School, does my child have to board?
We have approximately 140 boarders in the Prep School. All of our Year 7 and 8 children are expected to board, and this is one of the many reasons why parents select Sandroyd.
For further information on Boarding please visit our Boarding FAQs