Friends of Sandroyd
The Friends of Sandroyd Committee brings together parents and school staff to organise social events throughout the year for the benefit of Sandroyd children and families. Funds raised from these events go towards the school’s chosen charities as well as specific projects within the school.
The Committee is represented by a parent from each year group who help organise coffee mornings and lunches to enable parents, new and old, to get together socially. Other larger events organised by The Friends throughout the year include:
- September – Parents’ Lunch & Rounders: a fun rounders match with a picnic lunch giving new parents a chance to meet others and current parents to catch up after the holidays.
- October – The Year 8 Rock & Roll Evening: a fantastic social for Year 8 in conjunction with pupils from other local schools.
- November – The Bi-annual Christmas Fair: held in the theatre, a wonderfully festive event with popular and varied stalls.
- March – Parents’ Quiz Night: a fun & relaxed BYO evening in the school dining room where pre-arranged teams attempt to tackle Mr Cartwright’s eclectic mix of questions.
- May – The Summer Fete: a real highlight with games hosted by the Leavers including inflatable obstacle courses, crazy golf, splat the rat, plants, books, pony rides and of course dog agility.
The Friends really value the support of the Sandroyd staff and parents whose time, effort and donations have helped raise funds for good causes including: Tusk Trust, Whizz Kids, RNLI, Trussel Trust, Naomi House.
If you have ideas about how we could fund raise or would like to get involved with any of the events, please do get in touch via the school office.
Committee Members 2017-18
- Chair – Carol Blatchford
- Treasurer – Katie Tucker
- Year 8 – Victoria Ball
- Year 7 – Vanessa Jones & Katie Tucker
- Year 6 – Rosie Thomasin-Foster
- Year 5 – Carol Blatchford
- Year 4 – Winkie Lacy-Smith
- Year 3 – Katie Bullen
- The Walled Garden – Sarah Wilkinson
- Staff Rep – Alice Speers