The Galette des Rois
The Galette des Rois is back at Sandroyd by popular demand. This French epiphany cake is eaten throughout January in France and the French Department could not miss an opportunity for Sandroydians to enjoy a slice of French culture.
- 17 keen Chefs from Year 4
- A French lesson
- Puff pastry sheets (pâte feuilletée)
- Delicious frangipane filling to spread out
- Chocolate chips for “les gourmands”
- Beaten “oeufs” for the glazing
- “Fèves” to hide in the “galettes”
- Paper “couronnes” straight from France
- A professional kitchen
- 18 Delicious “Galettes des Rois” baked for the whole school lunch
- 190 happy pupils who devoured the “pâtisserie”
- 18 Lucky pupils who found the “Fève” and became Kings and Queens for the day!
Bravo et Merci Y4!